Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Second Dream pt 2

My convo with Jux Czavicevic

 I had the wonderful opportunity to talk with Jux the artistic drive behind Selenium Pulse, Second Dream on several occassions thru IM and a NC.. and I have to say that he is a really nice guy.. and very easy to talk to .. and he was very excited to talk about his build.



This is what I seen after i emerged from the tunnel..
 Btw..all these pics are inworld, unedited.. and I am using analu studio 6 sky setting my graphics are on ultra and draw distance is at 512. .. just so ya know if ya want this type of mood.


The blue colors seem to draw my eyes everywhere...  the spheres in the sky.. the large rectangle of blue prim... it is really worth the time to let it all rezz.. 

. First and foremost.. I am gonna ask the obvious question.. the build is called Second Dream......Inspired by dream imagery and nightmare, the psyche, both healthy and unhealthy... was this a personal dream.. or did it evolve from a single idea and grow into what it is now.. or was it inspired by something else?
- The idea of the sim is a very loose concept that I see in evolutionary terms. Like a life itself,  It's growing, it's changing. We go through phases, we start infantile and eventually were full fledged 'adult' types. But it's a process and a journey, isn't it? This is the second dream, in that, the first phase was completed previously, we'll call that the infancy. We're in the second phase now, learning how to stand. In relation to dreams, our psyches are so fragile and vulnerable throughout our entire lives, but no matter how we are on the surface, our dreams betray our true feelings, our desires and our fears.
The second phase, of life itself, I guess you could say-
betrayed by our own dreams. Thats what Selenium Pulse : Second Dream is.

Were you the only designer and builder?
-I am, yes. the conception of Seleniun Pulse : Second Dream, is and was a loose idea that wasn't ever really finite , sort of began life as a directionless random blue prim that kind of just exploded into what it is now.
Periodically through the sim you'll find other designer's pieces, a chair here, or a table there. Though I'd comfortably say about 90% of the overall sim to include the textures, was designed and built by me.






What are the 3 best things you personally love about the build.. and what are some  things you would do over if you could?
- This is a tough question. The entirety of the sim, in itself, is my creation. So naturally I have a love for it as a whole, it's my thoughts, my feelings in a more visual interpretation. So, essentially, I suppose you could say- it's part of me. And I love myself, so I also suppose it would be safe to say that I love the sim in a whole. But... I suppose if I had to choose favorites, I think perhaps the two broken houses on the hills. I call these Faith's house, sort of a symbolic representation of building up and tearing down, weathering the storm. Mm... and the shades of blue everywhere. I was very particular about the specific shade of blue, but that's another story for another time.


I dont have the pic of the other house.. my viewer is making the pics all black..




So thats all for now.. I will be posting more of our convo and more pics soon

 catch laters Tza

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I accompanied my sis on one of these adventures, i must say, the build is very impressive, the creator obvioulsy has a wonderful imagination and i encourage everyone to take a look at this sim....worth the tp....;)

Post a Comment